YOU CAN NOW COMPLETE ONLINE-REGISTRATION – Online registration is REQUIRED for all students. Families without Internet access may use computers at the school. DO NOT complete this online registration packet if your child is not currently enrolled at James Madison Charter Academy; instead complete the pre-registration form, below or under the Online Registration Tab. For additional information, please contact Mrs. Smith @ firstname.lastname@example.org during normal school hours.
Registration for returning families will take place on Thursday, July 31 from noon to 4pm and again on Friday, August 1 from 9am – noon.
Registration for new families ONLY will take place on Thursday, July 31 from 6pm to 7:30pm. No returning families will be allowed to register between these times.
Once you register you will receive your car pool numer and handbook. You will also need to pay the $35 school supply fee if you have not already done so.
Saturday, August 2nd will be the next installment of JMCA community clean-up. We need help pulling weeds and moving rock. Families are asked to come to the school at 9:00am. Participants will earn DOUBLE volunteer hours while helping to beautify our school. Contact Dr. S for additional details.
JMCA is instituting a new system of school supplies for the 2014 – 2015 school year. Instead of providing families with a lengthy supply list for each grade level and asking you to do the shopping, we are going to shop for you. We will now REQUIRE families to pay a per-student fee to purchase supplies from the school. The staff has discussed this idea numerous times and has decided this is the best (economical and efficient) way to obtain supplies.
The charge will be $35 per student. Checks should be made out to JMCA with “school supplies for” and the child’s name(s) in the memo line.
Parents will continue to provide lunch boxes and backpacks.
These are some of the benefits to our new procedure:
- You save up to 50% over shopping on your own because we can shop sales and buy in volume. Our estimates from shopping last fall were well over $50 per student.
- The cost of supplies will be the same for each grade level.
- All students will have the correct materials.
- All students will have all the materials required.
- You will not have to drag in multiple bags of supplies at the beginning of school.
- We won’t have to find storage for all of the paper products because we can purchase them throughout the year, as we need them.
Here is the 2014 – 2015 school calendar!